The Department provides the research framework for the engineering study programmes in Medical Biotechnology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering and Environmental Engineering as well as the Chemical and Biological Sciences Programmes.
The research and teaching of the Department is organized in the following areas:
- Section of Biotechnology (Aalborg)
- Section of Sustainable Biotechnology (Copenhagen)
- Section of Chemistry (Aalborg)
- Section of Chemical Engineering (Esbjerg)
- Section of Biology and Environmental Science (Aalborg)
In both teaching and research we combine theory and practice and emphasize collaboration with companies and public sector organizations both nationally and internationally. The department offers both Bachelor (Bsc) and Master (Msc) programmes as well as regular PhD courses. All teaching is according to the inter-disciplinary, problem-oriented “Aalborg University model”.